The Abbotsford Police Department uses volunteers to reach out to the community offering information, education on Crime Prevention and service to the community. There are volunteer opportunities in many programs such as Block Watch, Business Watch, Child ID, Citizens Patrol, Community Police Office Reception, Speed Watch, Special Events and many other avenues.
Volunteers must be:
- of sound mind and character
- clear of a criminal record
- must be 16 years or older (some programs may require a volunteer to be 19 years or older)
- must have own transportation to and from their volunteer position
- must have a good command of the English language both written and spoken
- must pass and maintain a criminal record and drivers abstract, volunteers may be required to complete a lifestyle and integrity questionnaire
- must have sufficient time to volunteer.
Volunteers are expected to adhere to the following:
- One year commitment following training
- Sign agreements on ethics, confidentiality and contract
- Attend all sessions of Basic Training and Program Training
- Attend volunteer staff meetings as schedule
For information on how to become a Community Policing Volunteer, please contact Kelly Pater at [email protected].