The Abbotsford Police Department uses volunteers to reach out to the community offering information, education on Crime Prevention and service to the community. There are volunteer opportunities in many programs such as Citizens Patrol, Speed Watch, Special Events and many other avenues.
Volunteers must be:
- Of sound mind and character
- Clear of a criminal record
- Must be 16 years or older (some programs may require a volunteer to be 19 years or older)
- Must have own transportation to and from their volunteer position
- Must have a good command of the English language both written and spoken
- Must pass and maintain a criminal record and drivers abstract, volunteers may be required to complete a lifestyle and integrity questionnaire
Must have sufficient time to volunteer
Volunteers are expected to adhere to the following:
- One year commitment following training
- Sign agreements on ethics, confidentiality and contract
- Attend all sessions of Basic Training and Program Training
- Attend volunteer staff meetings as scheduled
If you would like to apply as a Community Policing volunteer please submitt an application through our online pre-screening software.
For information on how to become a Victim Services Volunteer, please contact [email protected]