Thank you for taking the time to explore a career with the Abbotsford Police Department. We are a progressive and rapidly expanding organization that is consistently open to change and development in order to keep pace with our rapidly expanding city. We are proud to be one of the policing leaders in Canada.
Prior to considering a career in policing it is essential that you clearly understand the role and responsibilities of a police officer and that you reflect deep within yourself to ascertain whether you have the personal qualities, attributes and strengths that are necessary to adequately perform the job.
Before beginning our online application process, ensure that you are already fully prepared to complete all stages of the recruiting process.
Am I Ready To Join?
- Do I meet all the minimum requirements?
- Do I understand the nature of police work and the types of situations I might face as a police officer?
- Is my lifestyle one that exhibits exemplary moral and ethical character?
- Do I have the ability to make sound decisions while under stress?
- Do I possess the ability to be assertive when the situation demands it?
- Is physical fitness part of my regular lifestyle?
- Am I emotionally stable and mature?
- Can I work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds in a variety of situations?
- Am I prepared to work shift work? Do I understand the impact shift work has on my personal life?
- Can I work both individually and as part of a team? Do I truly understand the requirements of being a team player?
- Do I have excellent health? Am I free from any medical conditions that would affect my ability to do police work?
- Do I have the ability to work without supervision?
- Have I demonstrated an active interest in serving my community?
- Would I be able to use deadly force, if required?
If you answered yes to all these questions, you just might be ready to join our team!