Students must be able to attend each day & commit a full 50 hours to the program.
In order to provide a realistic experience & owing to the success of previous Junior Police Academies the application process is necessarily extremely competitive with a maximum of 20 places available.
All eligible students are encouraged to apply. However, if you are unsure, unfit, uncommitted or just need something to do over Spring Break you will not be successful.
Successful applicants will undoubtedly be rewarded with many unique opportunities which will afford them greater insight should they choose to follow a Police career.
Am I Eligible?
- Abbotsford student attending grades 11/12.
- Able to pass physical fitness test.
- Able to pass criminal record check.
- Good academic standing.
- Interested in Policing as a Career.
How Do I Apply?
- Fill out the application package: APD JPA Application
What is the Process?
- Complete the application package as instructed.
- School District #34 students can submit completed application packages to their respective Career Faciliators.
- Other Independent School Students can submit completed application packages to the Community Police Office, 105-34194 Marshall Rd, Abbotsford BC, V2S 5E4 (Attn: Cst Watkins).
- Complete a fitness test. (1.5 mile run & circuit).
- Complete an Interview at the Abbotsford Police Department.
- Background and reference checks.
Applicants may be rejected upon failure of any stage of the application process.