Comment Regarding Social Media
The opinions and/or views expressed by the public responding to posts on the Abbotsford Police Department (“APD”) social media channels, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, are not necessarily those of the APD.
The APD will make reasonable efforts to monitor, moderate and engage communities on our social media channels. We will strive to acknowledge comments or queries but our response times may depend on the volume of posts and personnel available to respond. The APD will only monitor and respond to comments on our social media pages during standard business hours unless required otherwise.
The APD will endeavour to ensure that all the information it posts is complete and accurate. If an APD posting is discovered to be inaccurate, we will do our best to correct it as soon as practicable. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, is given with respect to the content of social media or its links to other online resources.
Posts on our social media sites will not be moderated before they appear. However, the APD reserves the right to review and/or delete any comments it deems to be inappropriate.
Users who do not adhere to the following guidelines may have their comments removed, or they may be blocked from participating:
- Inappropriate language will not be tolerated and posts containing discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable statements, language or content will be removed.
- While we recognize that questioning and differing opinions are part of conversation, posts with personal attacks will be removed.
- Posts which are deemed defamatory, which violate privacy and/or which include personal information, including your own, will be removed.
- We remind all discussion participants to stay on-topic. Off-topic comments and postings may be removed to encourage and facilitate effective discussions.
- Posts deemed as spam and/or explicit commercial endorsements will be removed and the account will be blocked.
Community members who have questions regarding this statement may contact our Public Information Officer at email@example.com.
By submitting content to any APD social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that what you post is available to the public and as such, is considered part of the public record.